Selling and buying a business in Virginia
You should exercise great care when selling or buying a business.
What are you really buying when you buy a company? It's debt? What are you relinquishing when you sell your business, your customer lists, copyrights, trademarks, goodwill? Once you sell your business, what are you contractually prohibited from doing? Can you work in the same field?
How exactly can I help you?
1. Help you valuate your company or the company you wish to purchase.
2. Negotiate on your behalf.
3. Prepare or review a purchase agreement.
4. Help with compliance issues.
5. Prepare necessary documents: contract for purchase of assets from an incorporated and unincorporated businesses, corporate resolutions authorizing the sale of assets, contract for stock purchases, bill of sale for assets, security agreements for purchases, and more.